Clive here! This week I bought a Djembe drum! For over a year I have been going to irregular drum circles. Both Tracey and I camped last year at one of these drum circles. They are a lot of fun.
The Djembe drum comes from west Africa and is headed by goat skin or cow, mine is cow as it produces nice high pitched tones. There are three main tones on the Djembe, bass, rim & slap notes. It's the very complex rhythm patterns that make the drum come alive. When drumming in circles we drum to polyphonic rhythms. I have drummed rhythms from Ghana, Guinea & Sierra Leone amongst others! It's not everybody's cup of tea but I happen to like it. Shown below is a picture.
About us
- Tracey and Clive
- We are Tracey and Clive Owens, we live in a little village on the border of Co. Kildare and Co. Offaly. I work in Trinity College Dublin as a nurse tutor and Clive works in the IT industry in supply chain. We have been married since August 2009 and have been together since early 1999. We have an adorable golden labrador called Alfie.. We are expecting our first baby in January....exciting times ahead for us. This blog is our own personal record of our lives and a medium for our family abroad to keep up with whats going on in our world!!

No comments:
Post a Comment